Friday, August 17, 2007

Thirsty bear kills man for beer

And I don't blame him.... after a looong day at work, and battling traffic on 101, one sip of the beer at Thirsty Bear and I thought that everything was right with the world again. I ordered the Polar Bear, and Ashish the Brown Bear, and after our first sip, we both went Ah!

Having got that out the way though, there's really not much else I want to rave about Thirsty Bear. The tapas were so-so, and the gazpacho was a little too tangy for me. You really can't go wrong with Patatas Bravas, so I would say that's a safe thing to order here. Nothing to beat the ones you get at Picaro's, but decent. It seemed good for an after-work place, not too crowded though, and there weren't too many cute boys around.

So, overall... I guess I would have to say, if you like beer you should go here, otherwise it's completely passable.

http://www.thirstybear.com/

1 comment:

Ashish said...

There are 2 places to get garlic with a dash of bravas sauce.... Picaro's and 169 Buena Vista.