Thursday, January 21, 2010

Firefly!


I've been dying to try out Firefly for over a year now.. and finally got to do it thanks to the urgency of checking out my favorite SF restaurants before I leave.

Firefly was everything it promised to be - the place is charming, with this whimsical feel to it. The food is good southern cooking, meaning that it's so heavy that you feel the need to hit the gym the next day. But the food is soo good that it's worth it!

We went for the prix fix menu one weeknight - it includes an appetizer, main course and desert and is a great deal. We were four of us, so we ended up trying most of the things on the menu between us. Appetizers were beet salad, baby lettuce salad, brussel sprouts and shrimp dumplings. The main course was really rich - if you see the pictures you'll know what I mean. They are really not stingy with their portions, and the amount of cheese and butter they put in it :) But that's what makes the food soooo good I guess. I couldn't finish my main course, besides I had to save room for dessert. Which, as expected, did not disappoint!

Firefly is one of those places that demand a special occasion - it's not cheap, and the ambience is romantic and very cozy. Definitely an awesome date place! As someone once said - " If I ever propose to someone, I'll bring them to Firefly to do it!" (you know who you are ;-))

No comments: