Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Egg Factory

There's one thing I love about India - you always manage to find unique and quirky restaurants, stores, coffee places etc. The Egg Factory struck me as one of those.. the menu has dishes predominantly made with (you guessed it) eggs, the decor is industrial and bare, interesting anecdotes line the walls and the menu is this nice and compact piece of paper folded in 4.

Lilian and me ended up here for lunch after a very lackluster shopping day - one sip of the Pink Lady though and I was refreshed! It's a smoothie with cherries, almonds, yogurt and banana ( yes, I got mine without b-fruit .. yuck :)) and I could have had 2 of 3 of them and be done with lunch. But I had to try the famous egg dishes, so I restricted myself to just one. I will go back and OD on it some other day though.

Egg Factory has every conceivable egg dish on it's menu. Everything looked great, but I opted for a Manipal bread scramble - it's like bhurji tossed with chunks of bread so that all the flavor just soaks into everything... yumm! I could just imagine coming here for a late night snack after a night of crazy partying - although in Bangalore that would be like 11pm :)

Definitely recommended!

2 comments:

Lil said...

Yup - The Egg Factory rocks :D

Kitchen Accidental said...

Hi Rush,
Thanks for the good words. We would love to be open for business late at night to feed the hungry party over time to eat people...but as you said Bangalore closes at 11.00 pm. The good part we get enough shuteye. Hope to see you more often at The Egg Factory.