Thursday, January 21, 2010

Adieu San Francisco....


Or should I say... till we meet again my dear city by the sea.

It's been about a month since I started my 4 month break from San Francisco. It's not long, but for some reason I felt like I had to get through some restaurants on my list before it's too late.

Anyway, the result of that was that I ended up trying a whole lot of new places, and revisited some good old ones in my last month in SF. Of course none of them made it to this blog, it's not my fault I'm lazzy!

So, here's my attempt to update you with little tidbits on all these amazing places I went to, and what I would recommend.

Xanh - This is a French-Vietnamese restaurant in Mountain View. The place is huge! It's very modern and chic-looking, with a nice bar/lounge area out front. The drinks menu is pretty extensive and they have some very interesting cocktails. I played safe and got the lychee martini - with extra lychees of course!

I was really impressed with the food at Xanh - they had a lot of the standard asian menu options like papaya salad, but also had some unique items. We had the grapefruit salad - tofu, pineapple, grapefruit in a nice, tangy sauce. For entrees we got the Clay Pot with some coconut rice - the Clay Pot was ok, just a large piece of tofu with some sauce, I've definitely had better. But, the other entree, an eggplant dish (no I did not eat the eggplant!) was a big hit around the table.

Dessert was another highlight... we ordered a couple of things that looked almost too pretty to eat. I'm glad we ate it though :) because both were really yummy! I forget what they are called, but have photos up, one of they looks like a pyramid and is named something like that too.

In a nutshell... Xanh is a great restaurant to go with a group, or for a date, especially if you are in the South Bay!

No comments: