Monday, December 17, 2007

Millenium

Millennium is a vegetarian restaurant in the middle of Union Square. It's in the Hotel California.. ok I almost made a cheesy Eagles reference here ;-)

Their menu is completely vegetarian, organic as far as possible, and according to their website they use fresh produce everyday and believe "that a gourmet dining experience can be created out of vegetarian, healthy, and environmentally friendly foods". Sounds like a perfect place to review for a vegetarian food blog.

So, after a couple of hours of holiday shopping at Union Square (which if you haven't gone and seen the tree already, you must!), I was ready to sit down and enjoy a nice drink and some good food. And Millennium, unlike A16 did live up to all my expectations. The drinks were awesome, and everything on the menu sounded so good, it was tough to decide what to get.

I've totally blanked out on what we ordered for drinks, but I do remember they were really, really good! As soon as our server described the soup of the day, both Laxmi and I were like "Ok, we have got to get that". It was a butternut squash soup with some other fancy things thrown in, which obviously I don't remember. And I don't suppose I remember the name of the salad we ordered either, or the main dish. So much for writing a review about a restaurant :) Anyway, the lack of details aside, what I'm trying to bring out here is - it doesn't matter what you order at Millennium, everything on the menu is so delightful that you can't really go wrong.

But wait.. what about dessert? Well... I have to say the one thing that didn't really hit the spot was dessert. To quote Laxmi, it tasted like one of those Sara Lee frozen thingies. I guess that just about sums up how good (or bad) it was.

Overall though, I think Millennium is definitely worth a visit. It's not cheap, but not crazy expensive, and compared with the other vegetarian-only restaurant in the city, Greens, I found it nicer in terms of ambiance, food, and service.

http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why no more postings?

Unknown said...

Have you stopped eating ;-0? I am running out of restaurants to visit in SF ;-0